Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Specials Release Limited Edition 7" Single On 2-Tone Label For Record Store Day 2014


How did you celebrate Record Store Day?

The Specials released a limited edition 7” single as part of Record Store Day that features two previously unreleased dub mixes created at the time of the ‘More Specials’ mixing sessions in 1980 by band drummer John ‘Brad’ Bradbury (Sock It To ‘Em, JB) and by the band's founder Jerry Dammers (Rat Race). Did you grab one?  If you did, what do you think?  My ska blogging pal (Duff Guide To Ska) and Rude Boy George band mate Steve Shafer was up and out early this morning to procure a copy.

I have to say that I was very excited to see the 2-Tone label spinning round and round on the videos below. Give the videos a spin yourself and play them LOUD!



3 comments:

Sonchey said...

Haha Thats my vids,
Glad you like them Marco!!
i agree it was exciting to play new
material on 2 Tone

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it - because it's a beautifully packaged, heavy piece of vinyl, but the tracks are dead nothing.

Anonymous said...

Did anyone else get a double A side version of this?
My copy (from Newbury Comics in NH) has the 'sock it to 'em JB' label on both sides. Not sure if the whole single is mis-pressed as my turntable is broken.
Trying to figure out how rare this might be.